Police arrested three suspects following the attack on a woman in her home in Sunningdale, Durban during the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Three suspects gained entry to the house after cutting the gate.
After attacking the woman the loaded a television, jewellery, cellphones and other household items into her vehicle and fled towards KwaMashu.
The victim pressed her panic alarm and security officials as well as officers from the Durban North police station responded to the call.
The vehicle was seen in Umhlanga and during a high speed car chase the suspect lost control of the vehicle along Duffs Road where is overturned.
The suspects, who were aged between 21 and 30, were apprehended.
Two of the men sustained injuries and are under police guard in hospital.
All three are expected to appear in the Durban Magistrates Court soon.
It’s been a fruitful week for the men and women in blue who deserve to be acknowledged and commended on their efforts.
A few of the SAPS successes include:
- Two suspects arrested in Paarl for violent burglary and house robbery.
- Livestock recovery and arrests in Eastern Cape.
- Two suspected drug dealers arrested in Kimberley.
- Attempted hijackers caught in KwaNdengezi.
- Drug dealing due arrested in Free State.
- Two arrested for possession of illegal firearms and ammunition in Mthatha.
- 72-year-old Butterworth man arrested for alleged rape.
- Two arrested for unlicensed firearms, ammunition, drugs and explosives in Tembisa.
- Suspects arrested for the murder of a Durban family.
- Two drug dealers arrested in Zwide.