Police in Johannesburg arrested a 25-year-old man on the weekend, who has allegedly killed 13 people across two provinces recently.
The killing spree began in KwaZulu-Natal where he allegedly murdered four people last week, a fifth person survived the attack.
He is said to have killed nine in Dube, Soweto last month before being arrested at Dube Hostel on Sunday.
IOL reported that the joint effort between Johannesburg Metro Police Department K9, Johannesburg Flying Squad and Soweto Flying Squad saw police act swiftly after receiving information which aided in the mans arrest.
JMPD spokesperson Senior Superintendent Wayne Minnaar said they received a tip-off which lead them to the hostel where they discovered the man was about to leave back to KZN.